Behavioral Health Specialist
Adam Jones, MSW, CSWA, CADC I
Adam Jones is a Social Worker and a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. (CADCI). He has a wide array of experiences including working in shelters for unhoused individuals, outpatient alcohol and drug treatment facilities, assisted living facilities, memory care facilities, and hospice. Adam is currently employed at Compass Behavioral Health, the County Mental Health Program in Douglas County, as the Older Adult Behavioral Health Specialist. He works to increase collaboration and coordination among agencies that serve the older population and people with disabilities, by offering trainings for professionals and community members to ensure that individuals who care for them are well trained. In his spare time Adam enjoys running, playing pinball, and is a volunteer master food preserver.
Douglas County has a higher percentage of adults ages 65+ compared to Oregon overall, and a higher percentage rural-dwelling population compared to Oregon overall.
- Douglas County has a lower percentage of veterans age 65+ compared to Oregon overall.
- Douglas County has a similar amount of reported poor physical health days and poor mental
health days compared to Oregon overall.
- Douglas County has a higher percentage of householders 65+ living alone compared to Oregon overall.
Medicare Fact Sheets
- Total Medicare Beneficiaries: 34,088
- Medicare Traditional / Fee-for-Service: 22,099
- Medicare Advantage (MA): 11,989