Behavioral Health Specialist
Adam Jones has a Master of Social Work degree and is a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. (CADCI). He has had a wide array of experience including working in homeless shelters, substance abuse facilities, assisted living facilities, memory care facilities, and hospice agencies. Adam is currently employed at Compass Behavioral Health, the County Mental Health Program in Douglas County. Adam is a strong proponent of trauma informed care, motivational interviewing, and person-centered care with a focus on ensuring individuals maintain their autonomy. Adam’s background in mental health, in conjunction with his curiosity for understanding and navigating systems makes him an asset in understanding and addressing older adult behavioral health needs throughout Douglas County.
Douglas County has a higher percentage of adults ages 65+ compared to Oregon overall, and a higher percentage rural-dwelling population compared to Oregon overall.
- Douglas County has a lower percentage of veterans age 65+ compared to Oregon overall.
- Douglas County has a similar amount of reported poor physical health days and poor mental
health days compared to Oregon overall.
- Douglas County has a higher percentage of householders 65+ living alone compared to Oregon overall.
Medicare Fact Sheets
- Total Medicare Beneficiaries: 34,088
- Medicare Traditional / Fee-for-Service: 22,099
- Medicare Advantage (MA): 11,989