Gilliam, Harney, Hood River, Sherman, Wasco, Wheeler Counties
Behavioral Health Specialist
Kris Boler, MBA, Graduate Certificate Gerontology
Kris works with providers, facilities and communities across several rural/frontier counties to provide complex case consultation, to assist with community collaboration and to provide workforce development and community education activities to enhance the quality of care for and lives of older adults. Kris is certified as an Alzheimer’s Association Volunteer Presenter, Powerful Tools for Caregivers Class Leader and a WISE Facilitator.
Gilliam, Morrow, & Wheeler Counties
Gilliam and Wheeler counties have entirely rural-dwelling populations.
- Gilliam and Morrow counties have the same reported number of poor physical health days as Oregon overall.
- Morrow County has a higher number of mental health providers than Gilliam, Wheeler, and Oregon overall.
- All three counties have a higher percentage of veterans age 65+ than Oregon overall.
Grant, Harney, & Malheur Counties
- Grant and Harney counties have a lower percent depression prevalence in adults ages 65+ compared to Oregon overall.
- Harney and Malheur counties have a lower ratio of primary care physicians compared to Oregon overall. Grant County has a higher ratio compared to Oregon.
- Malheur County has a higher ratio of mental health providers compared to Oregon overall, while Harney and Grant counties have a lower ratio.
Hood River, Sherman, & Wasco Counties Profile
Hood River, Sherman, and Wasco counties have a higher percentage of rural-dwelling population compared to Oregon overall.
- Hood River County has a higher ratio of primary care physicians compared to Sherman, Wasco, and Oregon overall.
- Sherman County has the highest percentage of veterans age 65+ compared to Hood River, Wasco, and Oregon overall.
- Wasco County has the highest percent depression prevalence in beneficiaries ages 65+ compared to Hood River, Sherman, and Oregon overall.
Medicare Fact Sheets
- Total Medicare Beneficiaries: 18,175
- Medicare Traditional / Fee-for-Service: 14,640
- Medicare Advantage (MA): 3,535