Gilliam, Hood River, Sherman, Wasco, Wheeler Counties
Behavioral Health Specialists
Kris Boler, MBA, Graduate Certificate Gerontology (Team Manager)
Kris works with providers, facilities, and communities across several rural/frontier counties to provide complex case consultation, to assist with community collaboration and to provide workforce development and community education activities to enhance the quality of care for and lives of older adults. Kris is certified as an Alzheimer’s Association Volunteer Presenter, Powerful Tools for Caregivers Class Leader and a WISE Facilitator.
Roni Hyde, MPH, CHES
Roni Hyde is thrilled to join the team at GOBHI as a new Older Adult Behavioral Health Coordinator! Roni has worked in the field of aging and disability services for over seven years in both direct support and program coordination roles providing Home and Community-Based Services and evidence-based health promotion programming. Drawing from a background in both social services and public health, Roni is passionate about empowering individuals to make informed choices and supporting communities to center the holistic health and well-being of aging populations, people with disabilities, and family caregivers. Roni holds a Masters degree in Public Health, BA in Sociology, and is a Certified Health Education Specialist.
Gilliam, Morrow, & Wheeler Counties
Gilliam and Wheeler counties have entirely rural-dwelling populations.
- Gilliam and Morrow counties have the same reported number of poor physical health days as Oregon overall.
- Morrow County has a higher number of mental health providers than Gilliam, Wheeler, and Oregon overall.
- All three counties have a higher percentage of veterans age 65+ than Oregon overall.
Hood River, Sherman, & Wasco Counties Profile
Hood River, Sherman, and Wasco counties have a higher percentage of rural-dwelling population compared to Oregon overall.
- Hood River County has a higher ratio of primary care physicians compared to Sherman, Wasco, and Oregon overall.
- Sherman County has the highest percentage of veterans age 65+ compared to Hood River, Wasco, and Oregon overall.
- Wasco County has the highest percent depression prevalence in beneficiaries ages 65+ compared to Hood River, Sherman, and Oregon overall.
Medicare Fact Sheets
- Total Medicare Beneficiaries: 18,175
- Medicare Traditional / Fee-for-Service: 14,640
- Medicare Advantage (MA): 3,535