Behavioral Health Specialist
Sean Connolly has a Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Psychology from the Oregon Institute of Technology and a Master’s Degree in Studies in Human Behavior from Capella University. Sean started his career as a Treatment Specialist at Klamath Youth Development Center in Klamath Falls, working with high risk youth in K-12 Day Treatment. His next opportunity came as a Mentor at Dragonfly Transitions, doing skills training, running groups, doing medication management and therapy, while providing a safe and therapeutic environment for students aged 18-24.
After returning to Medford in 2011, he served for 4 1/2 years at Jackson County Mental Health doing case management for 16 clients at West Wind Enhanced Care, a locked residential facility for brain injured adults. In this capacity, he also provided monitoring and supervision for 15 Psychiatric Security Review Board (PSRB) clients. These individuals committed felonies while under the influence of mental illness and pled Guilty Except for Insanity (GEI) and were now living in the community. Sean also trained professionals in CPI non-violent crisis intervention/prevention techniques.
Jackson & Josephine Counties
Jackson and Josephine counties have a higher percentage of adults age 65+ compared to Oregon overall.
- Jackson and Josephine counties have a higher percentage of householders age 65+ living alone compared to Oregon overall.
- Josephine County has a higher ratio of mental health providers than Jackson and Oregon overall.
- Both Jackson and Josephine counties have a similar percent prevalence of depression as Oregon overall.
Medicare Fact Sheets
- Total Medicare Beneficiaries: 57,277
- Medicare Traditional / Fee-for-Service: 38,181
- Medicare Advantage (MA): 19,096