Behavioral Health Specialist
Angela Franklin is an Older Adult Specialist and Suicide Prevention Coordinator with Options for Southern Oregon, serving Josephine County. Angela is a practicing Death Midwife and has worked with elders as a caregiver, hospice volunteer and community educator. She is dedicated to making sure the people in her region have access to resources and receiving the appropriate support, especially vulnerable populations, including elders and LGBTQ2+. Residing in rural southern Oregon for over 10 years, she brings deep respect and care for the Illinois Valley and Josephine County residents into her work through networking and linking resources. Her passion for outreach and education shows in Advanced Care Planning classes she holds regularly. She is a founder of Crossroads Community DeathCare, a community-driven organization based on practical death care, education, outreach, and community grieving support.
Angela attended Portland State University and Lindenwood University, and has completed training around the country in end-of-life support, herbalism, grief care and funerary planning. She teaches workshops in death care, advance care planning, shroud making, and various folk arts.
Jackson & Josephine Counties
Jackson and Josephine counties have a higher percentage of adults age 65+ compared to Oregon overall.
- Jackson and Josephine counties have a higher percentage of householders age 65+ living alone compared to Oregon overall.
- Josephine County has a higher ratio of mental health providers than Jackson and Oregon overall.
- Both Jackson and Josephine counties have a similar percent prevalence of depression as Oregon overall.
Medicare Fact Sheets
- Total Medicare Beneficiaries: 26,666
- Medicare Traditional / Fee-for-Service: 15,840
- Medicare Advantage (MA): 10,826