Behavioral Health Specialist
Linda Joens, M.S., QMHP-C
Linda Joens has worked for Options for Southern Oregon (Josephine County Community Mental Health Provider) for 14 years. Prior to this work experience, she worked for Josephine County as a crisis worker and substitute PCI (Pre Commitment Investigator). In addition she has worked with diverse populations including At Risk Children, Viet Nam veterans, and victims/survivors of Domestic Violence. During her time with Options, she has been lead on a SAMHSA grant working with people struggling with meth addition. She has also worked as a Clinical Supervisor in case management and during that time worked with Mental Health Court and Jail Diversion. Prior to joining the Older Adult Behavioral Health Initiative, she worked as a therapist and liaison between Mental Health and IDD Services, working with adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, their families and their support teams.
She enjoys working for and with diverse populations, and in her experience, she has helped to build teams, collaborated with multiple agencies, participated in multi-disciplinary teams, helped to remove barriers and find resources for vulnerable and often underserved members of society.
Jackson & Josephine Counties
Jackson and Josephine counties have a higher percentage of adults age 65+ compared to Oregon overall.
- Jackson and Josephine counties have a higher percentage of householders age 65+ living alone compared to Oregon overall.
- Josephine County has a higher ratio of mental health providers than Jackson and Oregon overall.
- Both Jackson and Josephine counties have a similar percent prevalence of depression as Oregon overall.
Medicare Fact Sheets
- Total Medicare Beneficiaries: 26,666
- Medicare Traditional / Fee-for-Service: 15,840
- Medicare Advantage (MA): 10,826