Behavioral Health Specialist
Betty Sledge, MS
Betty entered the field of behavioral health in 1988 at Polk County Mental Health as a child and family therapist and continues her employment there through the Initiative. She has done outreach, prevention, therapy, and crisis work with children, families, adult outpatient, and the chronically mental ill populations. She holds a master’s degree from Western Oregon University in Clinical Child and Youth Work and a masters from the University of Portland in Pastoral Ministry. Betty joined the Initiative in April of 2017.
Marion & Polk Counties
Marion and Polk counties have a similar percentage of adults age 65+ as Oregon overall.
- Marion and Polk counties have a similar percentage of depression prevalence among adults ages 65+ as Oregon overall.
- Marion and Polk counties both have a similar percentage of veterans ages 65+ compared to Oregon overall.
- Marion and Polk counties both have a smaller ratio of primary and mental health care professionals compared to Oregon overall.
Medicare Fact Sheets
- Total Medicare Beneficiaries: 18,333
- Medicare Traditional / Fee-for-Service: 7,530
- Medicare Advantage (MA): 10,803