Tillamook, Lincoln Counties
Behavioral Health Specialist
Helen Beaman, LCSW
I’m excited to return to the role of Older Adult Behavioral Health Program Specialist after spending several years as a behaviorist in primary care for a CCO on Oregon’s central coast. I have an extensive background in human and social services and have been practicing clinical social work for the last decade in a variety of different settings, with a diverse range of populations. I enjoy working with rural, underserved populations with a particular focus on the reduction of stigma around mental illness. I love providing clinical trainings, community health education, and working to promote health equity and empowerment through the sharing of knowledge. In my spare time I enjoy volunteering with the local Search & Rescue team, rock-hounding, crafting, and spending time with my family and my dachshund, Tucker.
Benton, Lincoln, & Linn Counties
Lincoln County has the highest percentage of adults age 65 and older compared to Benton, Linn, and Oregon overall. Benton County has the lowest percentage of rural-dwelling population compared to Linn and Lincoln counties. It is similar to Oregon overall.
- Lincoln and Linn counties have a lower ratio of primary and mental health care providers than Oregon overall.
- Benton County has a higher ratio of primary and mental health care providers than Oregon overall.
- Lincoln and Linn counties have a higher percentage of severe housing problems compared to Oregon overall. Benton County has a lower percentage compared to the state.
Clatsop, Columbia, & Tillamook Counties Profiles
Clatsop, Columbia, and Tillamook counties have a higher percentage of adults ages 65 and older compared to Oregon overall, and a higher percent rural- dwelling population compared to Oregon overall.
- Columbia County has a slightly higher depression prevalence in beneficiaries 65+ compared to Oregon overall. Clatsop and Tillamook counties have a lower percentage compared to Oregon.
- Tillamook County has the highest percentage of veterans 65+ compared to Columbia, Clatsop, and Oregon overall.
- All three counties have a higher percent of householders living alone (65+) compared to Oregon.